1. Had a blog post ready for you with one of my favourite British recipes. Except that this might have been the most un-photographable food on earth. Worse than lentils and curry, yes. I couldn’t make you look at it. That full English looks much better.
2. Heard Jennifer Egan talk about her book A Visit from the Goon Squad and how she writes. Loved hearing about her process and inspiration.
3. Ate my fair share of cheese.
4. Enjoyed a family picnic in the park by where Dan grew up. It was….blustery. In that everything blew everywhere so intensely that finally we admitted defeat and went back to drink tea, eat brownies, and do the crossword. I loved every moment.
5. Got caught up in the whimsy that is Kinfolk Magazine*, an online journal that celebrates simple, uncomplicated, less contrived ways of entertaining and eating together.
6. Gasped when I looked at my packed schedule for the next few months but then realised it’s all travel. Phew.
7. Embraced Autumn. No, really, I did. This Autumn Dan and I will land in England on the morning of our fourth wedding anniversary – what could be sweeter?
8. Committed to spending more time enjoying the sunny chilliness of Autumn this year: walking outside, running, wrapping up for bike rides. I’m thinking about apple picking, apple-cinnamon galette with vanilla ice cream, and hot chocolate. Yeah.
9. Thought about the fact that a good friend of mine is getting married this weekend. I’m honoured and oh-so delighted to be baking something simple as a contribution. And then I’ll dance my butt off.
Photo from Flickr.