1. Found Dundee Marmalade at the supermarket. It’s made in the U.K. and contains thick chunks of Seville orange rind. Marmalade on toast was a breakfast staple of my Mum’s when I was growing up.
2. Baked cookies just because I knew I’d want about 38 of them the next day. It was a good decision.
3. Discovered Ines Rosales Tortas de Aceite or Olive Oil Tortas from Seville, Spain. Handmade and individually-wrapped, they’re a beautiful thing to enjoy on a sleepy weekend morning with a cup of strong coffee or a Saturday afternoon with slices of sharp cheddar cheese.
4. Remembered how much I love yoga and how challenging it is for me.
5. Had proper English bacon (a la the bacon sarnie) with runny fried eggs and sourdough toast for dinner. Agreed with Dan that it is one of our favourite dinners of all time.
6. Cursed the winter cold. About eighteen times.
7. Made whole wheat butternut squash waffles. Oh yeah.
8. Hit up our local pub for some white winter ales and onion rings….then came home and made spicy turkey chili for dinner. Glorious, I tell ya.
9. Cooked chana masala. It blew my brains out, as per usual. While I cooked I listened to my Band of Horses record, drank lots of red wine and watched my cat do this:
It was pretty awesome.
Your turn! This week you…