My go-to breakfasts when I don’t fancy oatmeal or granola/fruit/yoghurt (rare) consist of eggs of some kind or pancakes. I should really branch out, but it’s hard to deny this:
Try these vegan-friendly delights some morning. It’s worth noting that these are actually sweet enough without maple syrup poured on before serving – the banana in the batter makes for a perfectly sweet affair. We ate the second batch plain as can be.
Vegan Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
adapted from this recipe
- 1 banana
- 1¼ cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh fruit maple syrup for serving or adding to cooking batter
- In a large bowl, mash banana, then stir in milk and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour small amounts of batter, followed by slices of banana onto a preheated non-stick, lightly oil-sprayed griddle or skillet and cook until tops bubble. Flip with a spatula and cook second side until golden brown, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Do you have a breakfast favourite other than your “standard” morning meal?
A full English when the ingredients are available is most definitely it. Otherwise, thursday morning pancake parties are where it’s at.