Happy Summer Solstice!
Today is a happy day for two reasons:
1) It’s the first day of Summer. It is. No, really. Well, even if Minneapolis is operating in a vacuum and dumping rain, humidity and clouds all over us, summer is technically here. The best is yet to come.
2) It’s National Peaches and Cream day in the U.S.! What does this mean? It means that you should click on this link and find my recipe for grilled peaches with vanilla mascarpone. Drool over it, make it, eat it. Do it. As a bonus, that post has a step-by-step recipe for making the best darn turkey burgers around. Score you.
Peaches are GLORIOUS at the moment. The kind that you have to stand over the sink to eat because there is juice literally running down your face but you don’t care because they are the sweetest, most florally delightful things you’ve tasted in months. I’m not exaggerating.
Okay because I’m nice I’ll re-post the recipe below. Enjoy!
Other peaches and cream recipes:
Peaches and Cream Pie from 101 Cookbooks
Peach and Crème Fraîche Pie from Smitten Kitchen
Grilled peaches with Crème Fraîche Recipe from White on Rice Couple
Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Mascarpone
first posted here.
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 2 ripe, but firm peaches, halved
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Stir 1/2 a teaspoon vanilla extract and all the honey into your mascarpone until well blended. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over a low heat and stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining vanilla extract.
- Slice peaches in half, removing pits. Brush butter/sugar glaze over the peaches.
- Place peaches cut side down on the grill and cook for about four minutes on each side or until tender – be sure to get those awesome grill marks now!
- Transfer to a plate or platter and spoon a dollop of mascarpone into the center of each peach half. Devour!