Don’t underestimate this salad. It might sound too simple to be really exciting but the way these vegetables taste lightly bbqed – at the peak of their season – will blow your mind. They need nothing more than to be lightly coated in some olive oil before cooking for their flavour to come out in full force.
Chances are you have all three of these ingredients in your kitchen right now, especially in you have a CSA, and while not a new or ingenious way to use up vegetables, it sure does the trick.
Nothing could be more celebratory than eating vegetables like these as they hit their peak – make it now or wait a year to make it again!
Late Summer Grilled Vegetable Salad
- 1 zucchini, sliced into large chunks on the diagonal
- 3 ears of sweetcorn, husks removed
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Olive oil for tossing/rubbing
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread tomatoes onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Meanwhile heat the bbq to medium-high and lightly coat zucchini and sweetcorn with oil.
- Place sweetcorn and zucchini on the grill and put the lid down. Grill, turning once, about 15 minutes, until char marks are visible but vegetables. Careful not to burn!
- Remove vegetables from the bbq and the oven. Let rest until cool enough to handle. Remove sweetcorn kernels, cutting them into a large bowl.
- Toss all vegetables in the bowl and serve immediately, still warm.
We served this with grilled marlin and grilled red pepper harissa.