So, I know that this isn’t going to blow your mind or anything. I get it. It’s french toast. But I also know that Dan made this while I was away in Montana and then told me about how good it was. Naturally I was jealous so we made it my first morning back. And it was indeed really, really good.
So just in case you haven’t tried adding these particular spices to your french toast before (heck, I never even make french toast so to me it was doubly exciting) here’s a little suggestion.
A splash of vanilla, a dash of pumpkin pie spice and you might have yourself a pretty rocking little breakfast. AND it’s autumnal. Especially if you serve it with sliced apples and maple syrup. Am I right? I am.
Pumpkin Pie Spice French Toast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 an apple, sliced, to serve
- maple syrup, to serve
- Whisk first four ingredients together in a square or rectangular baking tin/dish. Lay two slices of bread in the mixture to soak for two minutes on each side.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a frying pan and when hot add soaked bread to pan and cook for a few minutes on each side or until very slightly browned. Repeat process with other two slices of sourdough.
- Serve with maple syrup and slices of apple.