Ever since I made nutella chocolate chip cookies I have been wanting to meld that recipe into brownie form. Trust me when I say that these brownies taste as ridiculous as they sound.
As for Nutella. I don’t think we need to go over this one again. Anyone who lives in Europe, did an exchange program in Italy, or has good access to an imported foods store knows how flipping round the bend Nutella is. Buy some, stick your finger in the jar and tell me you can stop there.
You can’t. The rest of the recipe is by the by. It’s just a whirlwind of flour and sugar and butter until you can sink your teeth into that swirly, gooey Nutella goodness.
Have I convinced you to make some yet? I think I’ve exhausted myself so I’m just going to go and eat one with a glass of milk and leave you with that image.
Be sure to let me know how yours turn out!
Nutella Hazelnut Brownies
adapted from The Pioneer Woman
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella, melted
- 8 oz hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Into a mixing bowl, add your flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Using a whisk, mix together and set aside. In a separate bowl (or stand mixer) place the sugar and butter; cream together. Add in eggs one at a time and mix well. Add in your vanilla. GRADUALLY add in your flour mixture until it’s well combined. Batter should be thick and sticky.
- Spray an ovenproof dish with cooking spray. Place a piece of parchment paper (slightly larger than your dish to allow for handles) inside. It will adhere to the bottom of the dish. Take HALF of your brownie batter and smooth it on top of the parchment paper. Take half your melted Nutella and spoon it on top of the brownie mixture covering the entire layer of brownie. Place the remaining brownie batter on top, smoothing it out. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until sides are firm and center is no longer wobbly.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before removing. Cut your brownies to your desired size using a serrated knife. Make a small indentation with your finger into each brownie. Take the rest of y our melted Nutella and drizzle over the tops of the brownies. Garnish with the hazelnuts.
I know, right?! Obscene.