My name is Holly, and I am the lady behind the blog, The Healthy Everythingtarian. As the name suggests, I like a bit o’ everything in my diet – fruits, veggies, dairy, grains and occasionally, meat. Instead of telling myself I can’t have this or that, I find a diet of inclusion works much better for me. I’m happy, the belly is happy and my tastebuds are happy. It’s an all-around winner.
I couldn’t be more happy to be guest posting for our girl Angharad. Since we are both Minnesotans (me for real, her transplanted), we have become real-life friends. Trust me, she is fun, fabulous and the sweetest thang you’ll ever meet. So, I knew I had some pressure to make this guest post good. While brainstorming on a jolly stroll home from work, it hit me…
I needed to teach y’all the art of the yog mess!
Main entry: yog mess
(1) a mixture of yogurt and various toppings, swirled together in a circular motion to create a haphazard pile of deliciousness
A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Delicious Yog Mess
(1) Start with a good base. For me, I prefer plain Greek yog, preferably Oikos because it’s organic. Think of it as a blank canvas to throw paint on, thus creating your very own Sistine Chapel!
Plain Greek yog is the way to go for a truly irresistable mix.
(2) Add in the fruit(s) of your choice.In my experience, mushed bananas and berries work best. However, don’t be afraid to experiment! I have thoroughly enjoyed kiwi, fruit preserves/jelly and dried fruit in my messes. Especially if you are using plain yog, fruit is essential to give it that perfect amount of sweetness.
(5) Embellish to your heart’s content.Embellishments are the best part! Some fabulous add-ins include: cinnamon, shredded coconut, drizzle of honey or agave, ground flaxseed, chocolate chips, almond meal, pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, maple syrup…use your imagination!
(6) Make your concoction a true mess.Swirl, twirl, stir, fold, spoon, fork, ladle, mix – do what you need to do to make it a true cold mess!
(7) Devour.This step needs no explanation.
Thanks for joining in on my yog mess tutorial today! I hope each and every one of you (flexitarian, vegetarian, vegan – hey, there is soy yogurt!) learned something. If you do create a yummy looking yog mess, please send it to me at email@example.com. I would love to see (and possibly eat) everything you’ve learned today in action!
I hope our dear Angharad is having a yee-haw of a time in Austin – until next time, take care y’all!