adapted from this recipe
makes 12-16 4-inch pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 3/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups milk (I used almond)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup to pour ~or~ powdered sugar to dust
- In medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the milk, eggs, honey and vanilla.
- Cut the cold butter into small 1/4 inch pieces and add the cinnamon. Mix it together with your fingers until well incorporated, but not over mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just combined. Lightly fold cinnamon chunks in. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet on the stovetop and add 1/4 cup batter. Once the pancake begins to bubble, flip and cook the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Pour on some maple syrup or dust with powdered sugar and dig in!
Have a wonderful day!